In 2012, Intuit created the QuickBooks File Doctor tool to help users address the issues they face while working on the QB accounting software. This wonder tool acts as a defense against hundreds of Quickbooks errors related to company files or networks. The best part is that it works automatically, thus saving users from the efforts of manual processes. Also, it is well compatible with all Quickbooks editions as well as Windows. This is why it is a high-valued tool in the accounting industry.
Many users still have less information about this miraculous tool. To help you use this tool efficiently, we are here to tell you the advantages as well as some limitations of Quickbooks File Doctor. Before that, let’s learn some crucial facts about the tool.
Important Things To Learn About QB File Doctor Tool
Before using the tool, there are some crucial things you need to learn about the tool.
- Uninstall the present QBFD before you download the newest version.
- All QB versions after 2015 versions have inbuilt file doctor inside them. So, we recommended you should utilize an external doctor tool.
- QBFD has great compatibility with all QB desktops and windows versions.
- QBFD is not compatible with MAC.
- You will get two types of Quickbooks File Doctor tools available:
- The stand-alone version of QuickBooks File Doctor (You can easily install it via the internet).
- Built-in tool (It is accessible in all versions of QB above 2016).
- The file doctor sometimes automatically appears in cases of few technical errors. If you come across such a circumstance, then tap on “Start” and allow the tool to perform its work.
Main Advantages of using QB File Doctor Tool
There are unlimited advantages of using the Quickbooks File Doctor tool making it the best choice for the users. Also, Intuit offers this tool on its website to save users time. Let’s learn what errors it fixes and some of its major advantages.
- The QB file doctor tool helps in resolving network problems.
- Also, the tool saves time and effort of users in resolving the errors as it works automatically.
- If some files or data go corrupt, this tool is very useful in such a case.
- The file doctor tool also assists in addressing company file-related problems.
- Stubborn errors such as Quickbooks Error 6000 305, QuickBooks Error 6150, QuickBooks Error Code 6000 82, Error Code 6189, etc are easily fixed.
Disadvantages of Using QBFD
Now, that you completely understand how QBFD is efficient in rescuing users from numerous errors. However, there are few limitations of this tool as well. Let’s learn them below.
- If there are some damage issues and you can’t open your company file, then you need to launch the file doctor tool. If you are able to access the file then do not run the program.
- The QB company file has to be uploaded in the tool before fixing and the size of the file has to be within 2 GB.
- If the tool is open you can restart it. But if it isn’t then the process of upload will again start.
- To run the network-related diagnosis, users have to sign in as admin.
- Also, if the UAC is “ON”, the program will again be launched with some admin privileges.
- If you work on multiple QuickBooks desktop versions then the Repair and Network Diagnose feature might not function appropriately. This is because the network repair works on the newest QBs only and not the Database Server Manager.
- Additionally, the QBFD works with QBA and QBW files only.
- The QuickBooks File repair and network diagnoses are already on by default.
These are some Quickbooks File Doctor limitations that you must note before using the application.
Finally, you know all advantages and disadvantages of working with Quickbooks File Doctor. Now we believe, you can use this tool in a more efficient way. So next time if you get any error then do use this miraculous tool to save your hard effort and precious time.