Outlook PST Password Recovery Solution
Query-1 “Hi all I am recently using the Outlook 2016 mail server on my Windows system. Now I am facing an issue to open my password-protected PST files. I have forgotten the password that I create to open my PST files. Please suggest me Outlook PST password recovery solution or tool to recover password from Outlook PST files.”
Do you want to restore Outlook PST files password but don’t know where to start?
You’ve finally arrived in the right place; in this post, I’ll walk you through the techniques for effortlessly recovering your Outlook PST files.
PST, or Personal Storage Table, is one of two Outlook data files used to hold all of Microsoft Outlook’s data items such as emails, tasks, contacts, calendar, distribution groups, and so on.
A password is used to safeguard the PST file format and prevent unauthorized access to it. However, there are chances that the password can be forgotten or lost.
If you are unable to access those Outlook PSTfiles it is useless. When many Outlook users forget their password and attempt to access a file with an incorrect password, a notification similar to this one appears –
In such cases, recovering a PST file necessitates the employment of various procedures to allow the file to be utilized again.
There are other programs in the market that may be used to recover the password from an Outlook PST file, but the one leading the way is the Password Remover Tool.
How To Recover Password from Outlook PST Files?
To recover your Outlook .pst files password you must first remove the password protection from them to be able to access them.
There are two methods to recover your Outlook PST files.
- Outlook PST Password Recovery Software
- Manual Method
Let us discuss them one by one.
Note: The two methods which will be discussed below don’t require you to know your old PST file password.
Method 1: Outlook PST Password Recovery (Automated Way)
In situations when you want to recover your password of the .pst files you can use the PST Password Remover.
It is a multifaceted tool that can be used to remove the password from many .pst files at the same time. The plus point is that you aren’t required to have Microsoft Outlook installed on your computer to make use of this program.
Whether the password is long, complex, or multilingual; the tool can easily recover them all. Also, the tool supports all versions of Windows, so you don’t have to use different software for each version of Outlook, as you would with the manual methods.
To get a clear image of the tool, follow the steps below:
- Download and install the program on your computer. Then select the Add Folder option.
- Select and open the Password-Protected PST file folders from which you wish to extract the password.
- You will now be able to view the status of the removal of the PST file’s password.
The status report will be displayed on the screen after it has been completed.
Method 2: Recover Password From Outlook PST Files
Pst19upg.exe is a free Microsoft application that allows you to immediately remove the password from an Outlook.pst file.
You can use it to directly delete the password from an Outlook.pst file in an effortless way.
Follow the steps below:
- Close Microsoft Outlook and create a backup of the PST file that you intend to utilize.
- Scanpst.exe should be executed on the selected file.
- Enter the file path to pst19up in Command Prompt and press Enter.
- The command line will be “C:My Documentspst19upg.exe” -x outlook.pst.
- As a result, a “filename.psx” PST duplicate will be created.
- Modify the original PST file’s name.
- In the Command Prompt window, type pst19upg.exe followed by the file name from Command Prompt.
- Here is your password-free PST file.
- Scan the retrieved PST using scanpst.exe and, if required, choose repair.
- To open the file in Outlook, choose it from the File menu.
Before utilizing this Outlook PST Password Recovery tool, keep in mind that you can use it if you have forgotten your prior password. Also, you can use this method if you have an older version of Outlook than 2003.
- Before you can unlock an Outlook PST file, you are mandated to install Microsoft Outlook.
- The procedures are just too complex for a non-technical person to grasp.
- When using the manual technique, you must delete the password one at a time from each PST file.
Method 3: Restore Outlook PST Files
Note: You can use this method to recover the password from the PST file when you remember the password.
- Navigate to the File menu, then to the Account Settings page, and lastly to the Account Settings page.
- Select the Data Files tab, then the.pst file extension, and finally Settings.
- In the newly created window, change the password by select or clicking on the Change Password option.
When we have important files locked, it becomes important to recover the password to those .pst files otherwise it will not be possible to access the files.
In this post, both the manual and automatic methods (Outlook PST Password Recovery Tool) have been looked at to restore Outlook PST files password. You can select the methods according to your preference.