Over the past few years, the demand for medicine delivery apps is surging. However, technology improvement brought people to order medicines via the app and be delivered by the delivery person on time. In this blog, you can get insights about the ePharmacy market and the benefits of having a feature-rich Uber for Pharmacy delivery app for your pharmacy business.
ePharmacy market analysis, A quick overview
The advent of the Uber for Medicine delivery app facilitates people to order medicines and get those delivered to their doorsteps. The demand for such apps has increased for the past few years, especially during the Covid-19 crisis. Undoubtedly, the ePharmacy market is flourishing. As evidence, let us explore the stats.
- The net value of the global ePharmacy market in 2016 was US $33.03 billion. In 2018, it was valued at US $49727.7 million. In 2020, its value reached US $60,430.14 million.
- There is a projection that this market’s net worth will increase at a Compound Annual Growth Rate of 17.3% between 2019 and 2026.
- It is estimated that the revenue of the ePharmacy market will reach US $136,160.27 million by 2026, with an average growth rate of 13.84%.
- As already mentioned, the outburst of the Covid-19 is one of the primary reasons for the growth of the on-demand pharmacy delivery market.
Benefits of having an app for your pharmacy business
In the technology-driven digital world, having a mobile app for businesses has become necessary. It plays a requisite role in elevating the business and success in it. The following are the benefits of having the medicine delivery app for your pharmacy business.
- Through the app, you can increase your brand visibility online and reach out to a larger user base in a short while.
- Marketing is one such way to grow your business. So, you get an app to promote your business seamlessly. This way, you can directly reach the users.
- As there are many medicine delivery apps in the market, you have to go with the trend of having an Uber for Pharmacy Delivery app and adapt to the changes. This is to have a competitive edge in your niche.
- You can offer medicine to the users in two different ways. They can buy medicines from your physical store (if you own a store) or order them via your app.
- Moreover, the users feel comfortable and convenient in ordering medicines with just a few taps as they have the advantage of getting the ordered medicines delivered to their homes.
- Most importantly, you can increase the number of sales and boost profits. In order to increase the revenue, you should fulfill the users’ demands and expectations.
On-demand medicine delivery apps: Business model
Prior to on-demand medicine delivery app development, you have to be clear about the common business models and select one according to your requirements. Let us discuss the significant three business models now.
Connect nearby pharmacies business model
If you aren’t equipped with a pharmacy, you can still make a revenue out of it by launching an Uber for medicine delivery app. This business model will facilitate you to partner with nearby pharmacies and let them sell medicines through your app. This way, you can charge them a certain percentage of the amount as a commission fee on every order that takes place on your platform.
Single pharmacy store business model
This business model suits you if you already own a pharmacy store. You can take your pharmacy business to the next level by launching an Uber for pharmacy app. In this operational model, customers can place their orders by uploading their prescriptions in the app. After that, the store owner has to check if those drugs are available. If it is available, the owner has to pack the order. The delivery person will deliver the ordered drugs to the user. Lastly, the user will make a payment either through cash or online.
Chain pharmacy store business model
This aggregator business model is suitable for those who manage a chained pharmacy store around the region. If you are one of those, you can grow your business with the pharmacy delivery app. Through this, you can provide a wide range of stores to opt for purchasing the medicines. With this app, you can create brand awareness.
Four modules of the Uber for Pharmacy delivery app packed with basic features
The medicine delivery app comprises a User app, Pharmacy store app, Delivery person app, and Admin panel. Have a look at the significant features you ought to consider during Uber for Pharmacy delivery app development.
Features of User app
- The multiple payment options will let the users choose their preferred payment mode for transactions. They can either make online payments (credit card, debit card, e-wallet, or UPI) or cash payments.
- Users have the option to save their home or work address. So, they can quickly place their orders with the saved location.
- The multi-language feature will allow the users to use the app in their native language. This feature is essential when you want to launch the app globally.
Features of Pharmacy store app
- The pharmacy store owner has the ability to view and manage the orders with ease. So, they can fulfill the users’ orders without any delay.
- They can list the available medicines in the app as they can manage the medicines list at any time.
- The stores can show the availability hours per week for accepting the order request by the users. They can change it at their convenience.
Features of Delivery person app
- The earnings report feature will facilitate the delivery person to check their payments which were earned through the app.
- Route optimization enables the delivery person to view the optimized, shortest route so as to reach the users’ location on time.
- Drivers have the option to enable or disable the availability toggle to show whether they are available to accept the request and pick up the order.
Features of Admin panel
- Using the customer management feature in the dashboard, you can manage the customers’ details who have accounts in the on-demand medicine delivery app.
- Also, you have the ability to manage the information of the delivery person along with the pharmacy stores.
- With the help of the managed service fee feature, you can set charges to be collected from the customers, pharmacy stores, and delivery person.
In today’s world, people have become digital savvy as they need almost everything to be done with the help of their smartphones. Moreover, the Covid-19 crisis is another reason for the popularity of on-demand apps. Significantly, the on-demand medicine delivery apps ease the process of ordering medicines with just a few clicks/taps. So, the demand for such apps increased to a great extent. Therefore, it is a golden opportunity for entrepreneurs looking for a way to enter the on-demand market. If you are one of these, investing in the Uber for Pharmacy delivery app is a good choice.