Do you frequently receive emails with several attachments that are weighing you down? This tutorial will show you how to save numerous emails’ worth of Outlook attachments to a local folder.
When there are several emails with multiple attachments, it is imperative to separate Outlook attachments to a folder. Users should choose a suitable software solution if there is no workable manual extraction technique. We’ve discussed the best and simplest ways to retrieve Outlook attachments throughout this post.
What is the purpose of extracting Outlook attachments from messages?
Users of Outlook may send emails with files, documents, and other attachments. It is regard as among the simplest ways to transfer files and data. But it has the drawback of significantly enlarging PST. Outlook’s performance is negatively impacted by large Outlook data files.
Unfavorable consequences of an expanded Outlook data file (caused by huge attachments stacking up) include the following:
- corruption of PST files and related issues.
- Poor performance of Outlook.
- Outlook programmer freezing in the middle.
- having trouble sending or receiving emails
- sudden termination of the application.
By removing the Outlook attachments out from pertinent emails and storing them to a local folder, the aforementioned circumstances may be resolved as swiftly as feasible. Let’s examine several methods for removing Outlook attachments.
How to Save Outlook Attachments to a Local Folder from Several Emails
Here are a few natural techniques for removing Outlook attachments from numerous emails:
- From a single email, download the attachments.
- Using a VBA script, export attachments from several emails.
- Softaken Outlook PST Compression Tool.
Make sure to give each one a try before deciding which one suits you the best.
From a single email, download the attachments.
It’s usual practice to remove attachments from Outlook emails. Although this approach is straightforward, it only deletes attachments from one email at a time. This is how it goes.
- Start Microsoft Outlook.
- To extract the attachments, open and choose the required emails.
- Click with your mouse’s right button once you’ve selected one of the connected papers > From the drop-down list, choose Save All Attachments.
- If you choose to save all attachments, a popup will open. Click OK to proceed.
- Now, choose the system folder where you want to keep these attachments. To finish the extraction procedure, press the OK button.
As a result, the operation is straightforward, but users must repeat it several times in order to pull attachments from various messages, which is often a tiring chore.
Using a VBA script, export attachments from several emails.
The extraction of attachments from Outlook is frequently automated using VBA scripts. You need to utilise a VBA Script and Macro Code in order to transfer email attachments to a certain folder. Even if it takes a while, it makes it possible to retrieve attachments from several emails. However, you should use caution while downloading or running VBA scripts.
You may do it by following these steps:
- Click File > Options > Customize Ribbon after starting Outlook.
- Select the check-boxes after choosing Developer Mode from the Main Tabs. Developer mode will be added to the Outlook Ribbon menu.
- Return to Outlook and choose Visual Basic under Developer Mode.
- Project1 will be shown as the default selection. Choose it.
- To open the Module window, select Insert > Module.
- Any browser may be used to access the link for the VBA Macro and save it in the editor.
- It should be copied, pasted, and then closed into Module 1.
- Make a folder called Attachments in File Explorer by selecting Documents from the menu.
- Choose the emails in MS Outlook from which you wish to remove the attachments.
- Reopen Developer Mode > Visual Basic and choose the module you generated before.
- Either hit F5 or choose Run from the menu.
- The option to Save Attachments will appear in a pop-up window. Choose it, then press the Run button.
That folder will get all of your exported files.
Softaken Outlook PST Compression Tool.
If you need to retrieve any attachment from a PST archive or Outlook profile, this tool comes in helpful. It searches its database for attachments using the Outlook API. Folders, email addresses to and from, the topic and content of an attached document, among many other settings, may all be configured. The PDF file may then be extracted and saved to the desktop after the result is shown.
When utilizing Softaken Compress PST, these benefits are available.
- The Outlook attachments need to be carefully removed and saved.
- The size of any unneeded PST files should be reduced, and you should consider whether to divide and store attachments.
- simple de-occupation of the region.
- easy to use and error-free.
- The installation of Microsoft Outlook is not necessary for a secure communication without data loss.
- Both ANSI and UNICODE PST files can be used.
- as possible, utilizing a free PST compressing programmer.
- Operating system updates as of late are compatible.
- a feature that allows you to delete any PST file from a chosen location.
- No further software is required.
- 24 hours a day, customer care representatives are available.
To recover every attachment, use these simple methods.
- Get Compress PST Pro Tool and install it.
- You may upload PST files if you choose Add File or Directory.
- Select a place to store the freshly created PST file.
- Choose the PST file compression option that best meets your needs, “Remove & store Attachments“.
- Press the Start button to get start.
Why won’t Outlook open the attached files?
Disabling add-ins can be necessary if you’re having trouble accessing files that are link to Microsoft Outlook. Here’s how to go about it:
- Start Microsoft Outlook and then To add-ins, select File > Options.
- Under Manage, choose COM Add-ins, and then click GO.
- Uncheck each and every add-in.
- Once every add-in has been deactivat, choose OK.
- Reopen Microsoft Outlook after closing it, then download the connected file once more.
In Outlook, how can I view attachments while forwarding?
The way you see attachments while forwarding in Outlook looks like this:
- The mail containing the forward attachments must be double-clicked.
- Double-click the attachment you wish to open after choosing it. For every attachment, repeat if required.
- You may choose what to do from this point forward.
You have the option of locally saving or storing the attachments in your email, or even sending them to other people.
Why won’t emails with attachments open?
One of the most frequent causes for not being capable of opening an email attachment is that your computer does not have the application essential to identify the file type.
What Consequences Come with Manual Processes?
When downloading Outlook email attachments, users should be aware of several limitations to manual and automated methods, such as -Slow processing.
- The procedure requires a lot of time.
- Complex macros are use.
- There are less choices for rationalization.
This article should assist you in downloading or extracting attachments from several emails in Outlook.