Sage 50 Accounting (formerly Peachtree) brings you best-in-class accounting standards for your business. This product update covers all product solutions of Sage 50 Accounting and Sage 50cloud Accounting (Release 2022.0) and includes the updates from previous releases. If you are installing on a network, you need to download and install Sage 50 on the computer that will store your company data files (the server) and then on each workstation. For further instructions, see the section titled “Installing on a Network” We recommend that you use Internet Explorer when downloading the product.
Check out the Getting Started Guide for information on navigating through the application, performing common tasks, and setting up your company. Learn about working with customers and vendors, adding inventory and services, and creating reports.
Download the Sage 50 installation file
- Click on the product download page. You can find the link for your product download in the email you received when you ordered your product. The subject of the email is ‘Sage 50 2021 Download Notification for Order No.’
- Click Run to start the download process. If you are asked more than once to run the file, click Run each time.
- Next, you are prompted to save the download file. By default, the Sage 50 installation file (Sage50_2022.exe or Sage50_2022_Plus.exe) may be saved to your Downloads folder. To install the product after it downloads, we recommend leaving the option ‘Launch setup once the download completes’ selected. Click OK to start the download.
- The Sage Download Manager downloads the product installation file. This process may take a while depending on your internet connection.
- Note: The product is not installed at this point. After the file is downloaded, the Installation Wizard will automatically open to assist you with installing the product.
- If you did not choose to launch setup after the download, open Windows Explorer and do a search for Sage50_2022.exe or Sage50_2022_Plus.exe. The file should be located
- Wherever you chose to download Sage 50 2020 (by default, the file may be in your Downloads folder).
Installing on a network
- If you are installing on a network, you need to install Sage 50 on the server first and then on each workstation.
- After you have installed it on the server, we recommend that you follow the network installation instructions. Towards the end of the installation, you can click the option to ‘View important information you will need when installing Sage 50 on your network.” The network installation instructions will also display in your
- Web browser after you click Finish on the server installation. You can e-mail, save or print the network installation instructions so you have them available when installing on the workstations.
Upgrading to Sage 50 Older Version to Sage 50 2021, 2022 Latest Release:
Updating your accounting software to the last version, reduces the time and improves the efficiency of your business. We hope now you have enough information on how you can update your Sage 50 software to the latest version 2022.
It is advisable, before making complicated upgrades, that you create a backup of the corporate data. A few crucial indicators are below:
- You need to fully uninstall your Sage 50 to upgrade to the Accountants edition.
- Then reinstall using the Accountants Edition serial number.
- Follow the steps below to Upgrade your Older Version to Sage 50:
- Open your Sage 50 files in a single user mode as System Admin.
- Go to the Help menu next and choose Product Upgrade Sage 50.
- Replace your new serial number with the old serial number.
- Now choose the option Retrieve my key code from Sage 50.
- Next, select “Use this key and enter the key manually (if you don’t have a web connection, then it will show Sage 2021 failed to update Sage 2022).
System Requirements: Sage 50 (U.S. & Canada) Edition 2022
Note: Sage will continue to allow Sage 50 Accounting—U.S. & Canada Edition to be installed on computers with Windows 7 for the foreseeable, future, but some features may not work as designed in future updates. Beginning in March 2020, subsequent versions of Sage 50 Accounting—U.S. & Canada. The edition will include a warning message when you attempt to install the product on a computer that is running any edition of Windows 7. However, the installation will be allowed to continue.
Minimum system requirements
- 2.0 GHz processor for a single user and multiple users
- 4 GB of RAM for a single user and multiple users
- Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 (version 1809 and higher) with the latest updates from Microsoft installed
- 1 GB of disk space for installation
- Installation of Internet Explorer 11.0 is required (version 11.0 and higher with Sage Payroll Solutions, Sage Payments Solutions
- And other Connected Services integration); Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge (version 2020 and higher) web browsers are supported when accessing available Connected Services outside of the product
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2, including DirectX Dependency for .NET; requires an additional 280 MB to 850 MB
- At least high-color (16-bit) SVGA video; Minimum Resolution: 1280×800, Preferred Resolution: 1440×900 or higher; small fonts/DPI settings required
- All online features/services require Internet access (For best performance download speeds of at least 25mbps and upload speeds of at least 10mbps)
- Maximum of 5GB file size for Sage Drive companies
- A computer name of 15 characters or less required
- Excel, Outlook, and Word integration require Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word (32-bit versions) 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, and 2019
- Microsoft 365 Integration – Requires Microsoft 365 Business Premium or Enterprise Editions
- Printers supported by Windows 8.1 or Windows 10
- Adobe Reader Acrobat
- Multiuser environments are supported in Sage 50 Premium Accounting and higher
- The Multiuser mode has optimized for Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016 client-server networks; Windows 8.1, or Windows 10 peer-to-peer networks
- A maximum of five licensed named users is allowed for Sage 50 Premium Accounting and up to 40 named users for Sage 50 Quantum Accounting; a named user account has granted a license when selected in the user maintenance screen
- 2 GB of disk space for installation of components on the server
- Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016 or Windows Server 2019 along with Remote Desktop Connection or Remote Desktop Web Connection client has required to run in a Windows Terminal Services environment; no more than 5 named users for Sage 50 Premium Accounting or up to 40 named users for Sage 50 Quantum Accounting.
- Terminal Server requires additional memory when more than one user is running under Windows Terminal Services
Customer registration and acceptance of License Agreement for Sage 50 Accounting software products
- 2.4 GHz processor (Intel Core i3 and higher) for a single user and multiple users
- 4 GB of RAM for a single user and 8 GB and higher for multiple users
What are new and product improvements?
- Bank Feeds: We have made improvements in our banking services to give you a faster and more seamless experience when connecting to your bank and downloading transactions.
- Error handling for Sage services: If you are encountering connectivity issues or Sage is having technical difficulties or a service problem, you can still open your shared Sage 50 company in read-only mode.
- Paid Family Leave withholding options: Payroll Settings have been expanded to include additional withholding fields for states that have paid family leave and require employers to collect contributions from employees.
In the End!
We are excited to share with you the new features of the Sage 50cloud Accounting Release 2022.0. Regular users of Sage 50 Canadian Edition software with an active service plan can expect to see an in-product prompt for the installation of the update.