In addition, the Netgear AX1800 Wi-Fi extender is updated with the best Wi-Fi 6 generation, which enables users to enjoy fast Wi-Fi speeds of up to 1.8 Gbps even in the most remote parts of their home. When more than 20 devices like gaming systems, smart devices, surveillance cameras, smartphones, and other similar devices are linked, it can give coverage of up to 1,500 square feet. All that is required is that you perform the Netgear AX1800 setup in order to benefit from improved connectivity. You will learn how to configure the Netgear AX1800 extender in this section.
Setup of the Netgear EAX20 using the WPS method
The Netgear EAX20 Setup can be set up in seconds using the WPS button. You can complete the installation and configuration of your wireless router network even if you do not know the SSID and passkey. This method takes only two minutes from your day to complete the setup procedure. Implement Netgear EAX20 configuration by following the procedures outlined below:
1. Turn on your extender and position it as close as possible to your wireless router.
2. To begin, hit the Power switch on the wireless router’s control panel.
3. Next, within two min, click the WPS button on the back of your extender to complete the process.
4. The Netgear wifi extender will begin to blink, which indicates that it is operational.
5. After a while, the wi-fi lights will become completely white.
6. If the extender does not have a consistent white light on it, it needs to be moved closer to the router to work properly.
7. Finally, you can relocate your extender to a new destination and link the device to the network.
Netgear AX1800 Setup | Web-browser Method
When configuring the Netgear AX1800 extender, another option is to use a web browser to guide you through the procedure.
Using this method, you can log into the Netgear AX1800 extender Setup using the web domain mywifiext.net to access the login page. It will take approximately 5 minutes to complete this method of installation. You can now continue the Netgear EAX20 configuration by following the steps outlined below.
- To begin, connect your extender to a power outlet and turn it on.
- At this point, connect your PC to the Netgear Ext network and launch a browser of your choosing.
- Enter mywifiext.net or 192.168.1.250 in the address bar of your browser. A login window for the Netgear AX1800 extender will appear.
- To proceed with the installation, simply fill out all the necessary details on the website and click on the ‘Login’ button.
- You will then be presented with a list of Wi-Fi networks from which you can select your router’s SSID and input its wifi password.
- After that, you can modify the wireless security settings for the extended network.
- After making the necessary adjustments to the present settings, you can move the device to another area.
- Check all of the wiring connections to make sure they are all working properly.
- Don’t use the cable that has been damaged.
- Check to see that the wall socket into which the repeater is plugged is not broken or short-circuited before using the device.
- Repeat the power-cycling procedure on your Netgear extender and try to set it up once more.
- Use your device to connect to a high-speed internet connection.
- Check to see that the Netgear EAX20 extender is providing the correct amount of electricity from the wall outlet.
- Restore the extender’s factory default settings by pressing the Reset button.
- Keep your extender away from things like walls, corners of rooms, microwaves heaters, aquariums, cellular telephones, Bluetooth, electrical devices, aluminum studs, and other similar things to avoid damaging it.
- Update the Netgear AX1800 EAX20 firmware on your extender to the most recent version available.