Dark circles are not a serious health problem, but people having dark circle under their eyes make them look tired and unhealthy. They used to put concealer to cover their dark circle. Dark circle is a common problem have seen in both men and women. It appears with eyebags. This is also a sign of fatigue and aging. If you are suffering from a chronic physical ailment, you may have a dark circle under your eyes.
Students and corporate professionals also struggle with dark circles because of long working hours. Dark circles are challenging to get rid of. It requires time and consistent care.
You can use home remedies or under-eye cream to lessen your dark circle. Regular maintenance helps you to disappear your eyes.
Fatigue, tension, mental stress, chronic physical pain, and ailments are responsible for dark circles. It has the power to reflect your health or mental condition. In most cases, dark circles disappear with home remedies or under eye cream and do not require medical attention.
What causes dark circles?
- Fatigue caused due to oversleeping or lack of sleep.
- Sleep deprivation may cause your skin to become pale and dull. If you are suffering from the low-iron problem, you may experience intense fatigue responsible for dark circles
- If you have puffy eyelids, it may cause under-eye darkness
- Aging process encourages your dark circles. As you get older, your skin becomes thinner, lose the fat and collagen of your skin. Hence dark blood vessels underneath your skin become more visible, causing the under-eye area to a dark
- Looking at your laptop screen or television may cause significant strain on your eyes, and that leads to a dark circle around your eyes.
- Dry eyes and allergic reactions may darken you under eyes. When you are going through an allergic reaction, your body secrets histamines in response to harmful bacteria. Due to histamine secretion, your blood vessels get dilated and become more visible beneath your eyes
- Dehydration is a common reason for dark circles under your eyes.
- During dehydration, your eyes start looking dull
- Dark circles can be genetic. Other medical condition such as thyroid, PCOD, diabetes, high power of eyes may worsen your dark circle problems
- Overexposure to the sun causes a dark circle because it encourages your body to produce more melanin. Hence you can see pigmentation around your eyes.
How to get rid of dark circle problems
You have two options to remove dark circles gradually. You can try healthy food, home remedies or opt for medical treatment.
Home remedies to remove dark circles
Use grated potatoes or cucumbers
Grate some raw cucumbers or potatoes and place the shreds on your eyes. Keep them for 10-12 minutes, then remove them off. You can use cucumber juice or potato juice. Take a cotton ball, soak it into the juice, place it over your eyes for at least 15 minutes, and then wash it off with cold water. If you are in a hurry, just place a slice of cucumber or potato on your eyes. Do it regularly to get the best result.
Cold milk can be an alternative option
Cold milk works as a natural cleanser and also soothes the sensitive skin around your eyes. Dip a cotton ball into cold milk, and apply onto under-eye area. Then rinse your eyes with cold water.
Use Almond oil
Almond oil is a vitamin E enriched oil; it has anti-oxidant properties. It slows down the aging process. Take few drops of almond oil and massage gently around your eyes. Do regularly at night before bed. It will not only remove dark circles but tighten your under-eye areas, reduce eye bag problem
Aloe vera and Rosewater
Aloe vera and rose water are great for your skin. Rosewater is refreshing and rejuvenating; Aloe vera is a highly soothing natural ingredient. So if you mix it and apply it regularly, you may get an excellent result. They both work as astringent and skin toner. Aloe vera and rose water are tried and tested remedies to remove dark circles.
Medical treatment of dark circle
To get a more effective and permanent solution, you can opt for some specific medical treatment available to remove the appearance of dark circles around your eyes. Some of the more standard options include:
- Use chemical peels to alleviate pigmentation
- Apply medicated anti-aging creams under eye cream around your eyes
- Laser surgery to resurface the under-eye skin and enhance skin tightening
- Apply tissue fillers to conceal blood vessels, reduce melanin production that is causing darkness beneath your eyes
- Go for the fat removal process to cut down excess fat beneath your eyes, which provides you a smoother and even surface under the eyes
- Take the help of surgical implants of fat or synthetic products
You can choose according to the severity level of dark circles. You can consult with the best dermatologist in Dubai before selecting an option